Posted on April 4, 2009
C2345, East Padmavati Colony, Delhi
To obtain a responsible and challenging position as a zoo keeper with a progressive company where my work experience will have valuable application and utilization.
- Provided animal care, maintenance of the cleanliness of animals, training and monitor animal’s health.
- Prepared diet of the animals and distribute it directly to the animals.
- Ensured the routine and behavior carefully.
Gandhi National Park Zoo, Delhi, 2005-Present
- Feed, water, groom, bathe, exercise, or otherwise care for pets and other nonfarm animals, such as dogs, cats, ornamental fish or birds, zoo animals, and mice.
- Worked in settings such as kennels, animal shelters.
- Keeps records of feedings, treatments, and animals received or discharged.
- Cleans, disinfect, and repair cages, pens, or fish tanks.
- Generate daily reports and maintain records
- Public education
- Assist animal keepers in caring for exotic mammals and birds.
- Prepared orders for animal feed,supplies, materials and veterinary medications.
- Keeps animal care and maintenance records and inventories for assigned area.
- Recommended improvements to animal care and management and exhibition of animals at the zoo.
Jaipur Zoo, Jaipur, 2000-2005
- Formulated diets and determine feeding schedules based on veterinarian recommendations.
- Participated in the cleaning and disinfecting of cages, dens, houses, food trays, and water pans; drain and clean swimming tanks; collect and properly dispose of refuse.
- Observe animals for signs of illness and injury; assist veterinarian in health care of animals, including treatment, vaccination, surgery, x-rays and other laboratory tests and procedures.
- Performed animal immobilization, crating, shipping, receiving, isolation, and quarantine activities.
- Supervised the maintenance, repair, and grounds keeping of an assigned area.
- Checked cages and locks to assure that animals are securely and safely held.
Education and Certification
· Bachelor of Science(Animal Science)
Gandhi Memorial College, Delhi, 2000
- Awarded as the Best Zoo Keeper consecutively for three years.
- Attended workshop on aggressive behavior of animals in Sydney.
» Filed Under Other Resumes