C234, East Padmavati Colony, Mumbai
Effective problem solver, team player, and multi-tasker with experience in the piping/plumbing/steamfitter trade with an extensive background in all aspects of building maintenance and construction.
- Ensured the efficient, safe, and proper operation and maintenance on the steam and hot water systems including all piping, valves, and related equipment
- Helped seniors in writing technical literature and write technical reports.
Crystal Industries, Mumbai, 2006-Present
- Selected, inspected, used and maintained block and tackle, chain hoists, come-along, jacks and tigers for use in rigging.
- Installed the appropriate pipe hangers for piping systems and read and interpreted pipe support drawings and symbols.
- Read and interpreted blueprints including plot plans, equipment location plans, piping orthographic drawings, structural steel plans, piping ISOs, detail sheets, line indexes, drawing indexes and instrument summaries.
- Read and interpreted pipefitting standards, codes, and specifications and identify pipe and components according to specifications.
- Performed trade related calculations including thermal expansion, the use of tables of equivalents and conversion tables and right angle trigonometry.
Pinewood Engineering works, Mumbai, 2003-2006
- Assisted qualified mechanic with installation and maintenance of different types of steam and condensate valves.
- Tested piping systems including pretests, service flow tests, head pressure tests, hydrostatic tests and steam blow tests.
- Installed and remove threaded and flanged valves, replace valve stem O-rings and bonnet gaskets, and valve packing.
- Prepared base metals for cutting or welding.
- Performed oxy fuel cutting tasks including straight line, piercing, bevels, washing and gouging.
Regal Hotels, Mumbai, 2000-2003
- Installed, maintained, serviced and repaired a variety of hot water, steam, and glycol heating systems and boilers.
- Provided for the routine and preventative maintenance of boilers and heating systems. Checked tubes, fireside and waterside components.
- Flushed tubes and drums.
- Checked refractory, controls, circulating pumps, return pumps, receivers, site glasses, etc. for anomalies.
- Tested thermocouples, safety valves and performed hydrostatic testing.
- Performed gas fitting and minor plumbing activities.
Education and Certification
- Health and Safety Specialist Certification Coursework
Indian Technology Institute, Mumbai, 2000
- Completed HVAC 101 coursework with high marks.
Indian Technology Institute, Mumbai, 1999
- B Sc.
Mumbai University, 1998
- Joined tow days training workshop at Pune Technological Summit, 2007.
- Member of N G O to provide free education to Street Children.