This Marine Engineer resume format allows both entry level and experienced professionals to design their resumes. You can effortlessly create resume (CV) for making winning impression during the job interview. This sample resume template briefly describes about the resume objectives and job responsibilities of Marine Engineer.
C234, East Padmavati Colony, Mumbai
To obtain a responsible and challenging position with a progressive company where my work experience will have valuable application and utilization of my opportunity for advancement.
- Experience includes operations aboard bulk carriers, drillers, oil and gas supply tankers, and research vessels.
- Expert-level knowledge utilizing wiring schematics, flow charts, and state-of-the-art testing and diagnostic tools to maintain key mechanical systems at maximum operability.
- Adept deliveries of individual and group training; develop and modify SOPs, conduct hands-on training in mechanical repair, equipment operations, and component replacement procedures.
- Creative and tenacious problem solver with team-oriented, proactive management style; noted for on-time project completion and building positive working relationships with peers, crews, and management.
Cosmos Sea Transport and Engineering Company, Mumbai, 2007-Present
- Delivered world-class operational and technical support for vital power plants, generators, and water production systems for broad range of maritime vessels. Tested, troubleshot, and resolved complex electrical and mechanical issues, ensuring full operability and reliability of critical systems; conducted formal and informal training, and maintained accurate and detailed records of all maintenance activity.
- Closely monitored auxiliary machine functions and conducted detailed inspections to ensure operational compliance with exacting environmental protection, safety, and hygiene regulations.
- Analyzed data in order to determine feasibility of product proposals.
- Conferred with research personnel in order to clarify or resolve problems, and to develop or modify designs.
- Investigated and observed tests on machinery and equipment for compliance with standards.
- Conducted environmental, operational, or performance tests on marine machinery and equipment.
- Determined conditions under which tests are to be conducted, as well as sequences and phases of test operations.
Global Naviera Company, Mumbai, 2004-2007
- Played integral role in maintaining optimal performance from variety of engine room and machinery space equipment. Monitored gauges, conducted machinery inspections, and clearly updated maintenance logbooks while standing engine room watches. Ensured proper oil lubrication and filtering for all rotating equipment.
- Assisted senior engineers in completing complex repairs and system overhauls.
- Skillfully performed diverse troubleshooting and preventative maintenance tasks on critical systems including purifiers, generators, air and refrigeration compressors, pumps, boilers, incinerators, water makers, and associated support gear.
- Maintained and coordinated repair of marine machinery and equipment for installation on vessels.
- Inspect marine equipment and machinery in order to draw up work requests and job specifications.
- Reviewed work requested, and compared them with previous work completed on ships in order to ensure that costs are economically sound.
- Prepared technical reports for use by engineering, management, or sales personnel.
- Maintained contact with, and formulated reports for, contractors and clients in order to ensure completion of work at minimum cost.
Prince Sea Transportation Corporation, Mumbai, 2002-2004
- Checked, tested, and maintained automatic controls and alarm systems.
- Maintained records of engineering department activities, including expense records and details of equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Performed monitoring activities in order to ensure that ships comply with international regulations and standards for life saving equipment and pollution preventatives.
- Prepared plans, estimates, design and construction schedules, and contract specifications, including any special provisions.
- Scheduled machine overhauls and the servicing of electrical, heating, ventilation, refrigeration, water, and sewage systems.
- Supervised other engineers and crewmembers, and train them for routine and emergency duties.
Education and Certification
- Mechanical Engineering Technician PT2 Certification
National Polytechnic College, Mumbai, 2002
- Marine Engine Mechanic Theory and Practice
Indian Maritime Academy, Mumbai, 2000
- B Sc.
J L N University, Mumbai, 1998
- Consistently demonstrated exceptional professionalism and technical mastery of assigned mechanical systems, earning Employee Award for engineering excellence.
- Honored by Cosmos Sea Transport and Engineering Company Top Management 2008
Cosmos Sea Transport and Engineering Company