A resume is as good as an advertisement for oneself. Therefore ensure that you market yourself well. It is your resume, so make it as professional as you can. A Library Media Specialist’s resume must present information quickly, clearly, and in a way that makes your experience relevant to the position in consideration. That means condensing your information to its most powerful form.
Please follow the simple steps to make a Good Resume that will leave lasting impressions on the Employer.
Step 1: Write your Contact Information Contact information
In this section you have to include your Name, current home address, Mobile telephone number, Landline telephone number and your personal email address which is currently used.
· Full name
· Present and permanent addresses
· Telephone numbers
· Email address
Step 2: Include Professional or career objective
Your objective is the one that clearly underlines your aims and aspirations in that profession. For example a Management Graduate will have to write an objective which is concise and precisely speaks about his role that he wants to play in the Organization.
Step 3: Add Career Achievements
If you have any major Career Achievements or any Appreciation then this is the section where they should be listed. For Example a Library Media Specialist can add his/her career achievements like,
· management of annual media planning for local, cable and regional television.
· Purchased radio, print and outdoor space through strict budget control.
· Responsible for development of successful campaigns to heighten visibility using direct mail.
· Strong oral communication. Manage and oversee the timely flow of multiple projects from conception through completion in the department´s work queue.
· Confer with key team members to develop a project plan, milestones and required tasks for each project.
Step 4: Include Experience
Previous work experience plays an important role while applying for a Job and hence it should be well presented in the resume. Most of the questions during your Interview will be related to the previous job that you had and hence you should be well prepared for it.
Put the things in following Order in your Resume
· Name Of Organization
· Duration of Work
· Post or Designation
List the recent first. Emphasize on achievements and contributions made to the company.
For the work experience of a Library Media Specialist goes to the sample resume Template.
Step 5: Education and Certification
The academic details need to be mentioned in a tabulated format with respect to the degrees or the courses that the candidate would have undertaken in the past. The latest degree or course comes first followed by the last completed course and hence forth going backwards.
- List your highest degree first.
- Name of institution, city and state
- Degree, major and year awarded
- Special Training
Step 6: Honors
If you have won any competitions national or international then they could also be highlighted here. For example a Library Media Specialist could lay stress on any exams that he may have given or any seminars or conferences attended. If you are a part of any honorary society or any nonprofit organization then that could also be added here.
The honors and the activities section of a Library Media Specialist would look like,
- Joined Various Meetings and Seminars as Management representative.
- Recognized as Valuable Communication Aid.
Step 7: References
The References are generally required so that your present employer can gauge you through the eyes of the people who you were associated with or have worked for. So your teachers or college professors’ details could be placed here. Or your past employer who you would have worked under can also be used as a reference. Ensure that the people whose names you enter know you well and do inform them that you are placing their names as reference because many companies call to confirm. For example the references section of a Library Media Specialist could also look like,
Mumbai State Library
Just remember these points while making your Resume.
- Avoid using ‘I’ throughout your resume.
- Keep it short, concise and clear.
- Make it easy to read. Avoid a cluttered look. Leave spaces between sections. Use headings to organize the details.
- Write using Times New Roman font.
- Keep it focused.
- Font size must not increase by 12.
- Use a cover letter.
Keywords for Library Media Specialist Resume