C234, East Padmavati Colony, Mumbai
To obtain a position within the educational field utilizing my interpersonal and communications skills. Specific interest in teaching Business school and/or higher education courses.
- Participated in student recruitment, registration, and placement activities.
- Served on academic and administrative committees that deal with institutional policies, departmental matters, and academic issues.
- Participate in campus and community events.
- Compiled bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments.
Mumbai University, Mumbai, 2007-Present
- Prepared and delivered lectures to undergraduate and/or graduate students on topics such as financial accounting, principles of marketing, and operations management.
- Evaluated and graded students’ class work, assignments, and papers.
- Compiled, administered, and graded examinations, or assign this work to others.
- Prepared course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Maintained student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Initiated, facilitated, and moderated classroom discussions.
Head Commerce Teacher
Tata Management Institute, Mumbai, 2004-2007
- Kept abreast of developments in their field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional organizations and conferences.
- Advised students on academic and vocational curricula, and on career issues.
- Selected and obtained materials and supplies such as textbooks.
- Planned, evaluated, and revised curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction.
- Maintained regularly scheduled office hours in order to advise and assist students.
- Collaborated with colleagues to address teaching and research issues.
- Collaborated with members of the business community to improve programs, to develop new programs, and to provide student access to learning opportunities such as internships.
Indian National Corporate Studies Institute, Mumbai, 2002-2004
- Provided professional consulting services to government and industry.
- Wrote grant proposals to procure external research funding.
- Performed administrative duties such as serving as department head.
- Conducted research in a particular field of knowledge, and publish findings in professional journals, books, and electronic media.
- Acted as advisers to student organizations.
- Supervised undergraduate and graduate teaching, internship, and research work.
Education and Certification
- M B A (H R Planning and Management)
IIM Chennai, 2002
- B A (Psychology)
Sir Pratap College for Commercial Studies, Mumbai, 1999
- Member of All India Business Studies Specialists Society
- Member of High Education Coordination Committee of India
- Writer of various course books and reference books